Hello from Arizona! Isn’t our new door mat super cute? We arrived last night to a very unpleasant surprise (our home is no where near move-in ready as our contractor promised) but this adorable addition to our front doorway did the trick to cheer me up a bit
Just a few snapshots from our Valentine’s Day. We kept it low key with home bakes goodies (red velvet cupcakes of course) and then dinner at Bodega Marques. It was our first time there and it blew us away. We loved it so much that we decided to made a reservation for this Saturday night before we left the restaurant last night Hope everyone had a love filled and relaxing day! PS: We only have 5 days left until our big move!
I found this recipe for No Bake Nutella Cheesecake over at My Baking Addiction and decided that I HAD to make it this past Sunday for our Super Bowl BBQ. The original recipe called for using frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip) but I decided to make my own (instructions below). Unfortunately, my pictures did not turn out well and did not do this fabulous recipe any justice so I’ve included the pictures from the original post below. Enjoy!
For the Crust
12 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup Nutella
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) whipped topping*
*For the Whipped Topping
1 (8 ounce/227 g) container of fresh whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 packet of Splenda
For the Garnish
whipped topping, optional
chocolate shavings, optional
toasted, chopped hazelnuts, optional
fresh strawberries, halved, optional
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream, vanilla and Splenda until soft peaks form (approximately 5 minutes). Set aside for step 3.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
4. Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
5. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, strawberries, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.