Do you love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups as much as I do? If so, then you have to try my easy recipe for homemade mini chocolate peanut butter cups. They make great holiday treats!
(tip: display the finished product on a Christmas tree tray)
- 320 g dark chocolate chips
- 200 g peanut butter (I use creamy but you could also use crunchy), room temperature
- 2 g salt
- 50 g powdered sugar
- Line a mini muffin tray (I use a tray like this) with paper liners.
- Melt half of the chocolate chips in the microwave on medium heat (this should take approximately 1.5-2 minutes…be sure to stir the chocolate about 1/2 way through).
- Fill the liners with the melted chocolate about halfway full making sure to coat the sides of the cups. This can be done easily with a small spoon. Place the tray of cups into the refrigerator to cool and harden.
- While the cups are cooling, mix the peanut butter, salt and powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a squeeze bottle and divide the mix into the prepared cups.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and either transfer to a squeeze bottle or spoon over the cups making sure to spread the chocolate to the edges (I use a bottle and then a spoon to smooth out the tops).
- Place in the fridge until chocolate is firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
Yields about 24+ mini cups.
Note: This recipe has been adapted from here.